2nd Shift Blast Operator
Alliance Industrial Solutions is in search of Blast Operators for our partner in Mentor, Ohio. As a leader in aerospace component repairs, our partner provides high quality component repair to airlines, military, and land & marine turbine engine operators around the world.
The United States is responsible for over 25,000 commercial passenger flights every day. That equates to 50,000 to 100,000 high-bypass turbofan gas turbine engines that provide the thrust to allow a plane to take-off and land safely each day. Our partner helps maintain this giant fleet of commercial aircraft engines through inspection and repair of aircraft engine components. After receiving a component to be repaired, it is cleaned, inspected, noted of all of its deficiencies and provided a fully detailed repair plan to the customer. Repairs include welding, dimensionally restoring, and replacing parts of the component, using very detailed and specific work instructions provided by the original manufacturer of the component.
Blast Operator Job Duties:
- Perform various masking and cleaning operations using materials such as glass bead and dry metal and plastic grit, and wet blast
- Follow written and verbal instructions accurately. Clearly understand all instructions prior to proceeding with work
- Communicate any problems to supervisors or other departments as required. Participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement efforts
- Follow detailed work instructions, including process sheets and operation sketches, to mask parts using tapes and coatings
Blast Operator Requirements:
- Must be tobacco and nicotine free
- Must have at least 6 months of experience in an industrial setting
- Ability to use basic measuring devices as required meeting blast department specifications.
- Knowledge and use of special tools/equipment required to perform assigned job related tasks
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to read and comprehend detailed written instructions.
Blast Operator Hours:
- 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Mandatory overtime is often worked on the weekends
Blast Operator Pay:
- $15.00 per hour to start
- After the completion of the first 90 days, employees may be eligible for fully paid health insurance, 401K, profit sharing, paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges and state-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- Mentor, OH
- Job Type:
- Job ID: