We are currently seeking operators for the world’s premier provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Operators will be responsible for the set up and operation of equipment which blend, mix, and package liquid or dry chemicals for transport.
· Responsible for setting up and operating machinery, checking all controls for adherence to operating/safety procedures and ISO standards.
· Monitors production and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation. Troubleshoot equipment and processing issues.
· Weighs ingredients to meet recipe specification and inserts into machinery, or ensures the correct ingredients are delivered to the work area and inserts pre-blended materials into machinery.
· Operates machinery to mix, extrude/discharge or handle materials according to operating procedures.
· Examines materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards. May take samples of materials to lab for evaluation and instructions on any batch adjustments if needed.
· Refers issues/problems to Production Lead or Production/Shift Supervisor for disposition.
· Performs all required machine cleaning, maintains departmental housekeeping standards and other duties as assigned.
· Completes and maintains all required system inputs/transactions. Responsible for data integrity, documents work completed as required including logs, data reports, procedures.
· At least 1 year of manufacturing/production experience.
· Must have the ability to read, blend and measure products to specifications.
· Candidates must possess good math skills and be able to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly.
· Calipers, micrometers, quality control experience, tow motor and computer skills are a plus.
· Shift hours will vary and will include 12 hour days.
· Must be open to work all shifts and Saturdays & Sundays.
· Overtime mandatory when required.
· $12-15 per hour based on experience and position offered.
- Start Date:
- Pay Rate:
- Avon Lake, Ohio
- Job Type:
- Job ID: