This former client is the leading manufacturer of high-performance commercial transportation equipment, including flatbed trailers and dry and refrigerated trailers and truck bodies. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, the company has additional division offices in Savannah, Georgia, a parts distribution center, and 11 strategically-located manufacturing plants throughout the U.S. The company has a storied history in the commercial trucking industry and is a driving force in trailer technology, innovation, quality, and customer service.
The company’s manufacturing plant in Terre Haute, Indiana, was having multiple issues with its temporary workforce while transitioning to new management.
- Their former staffing vendors were providing the quantity of people, but not the quality. This resulted in more training needs, low retention numbers, and higher costs.
- Additionally, they didn’t have a consultative partner who was assisting them with ongoing manufacturing floor feedback and exit interview support.
- Most importantly, they didn’t have the data to better understand shift information and turnover root cause by shift, department, and reason.
The company chose Alliance Industrial Solutions as its workforce management partner because of the company’s emphasis on quality sourcing, which leads to:
- Better talent with reduced turnover
- Data-based consultative solutions
- A “hands-on” on-site partnership
To ensure employee training was correctly translated to the manufacturing floor, AIS provided management with constant feedback and real-time coaching. The leadership team was also sent a weekly candidate funnel report with insights to help guide their efforts from sourcing to post-training. Finally, in order to build positive awareness in the Terre Haute community, AIS partnered with the company in support of its new messaging campaign.
The AIS impact directly led to an improved workforce and allowed the company’s leadership to upgrade their workforce while creating operational efficiencies through:
- Better talent aptitude: AIS candidates scored 15% higher than previous candidates.
- Higher retention rates: 70% retention rates versus 36% prior.
- Increased data awareness: 360-degree view into their workforce through daily, weekly, and quarterly reporting.
The timing of our partnership with Alliance Industrial Solutions couldn’t have been any better. AIS has helped us to not only increase the quality of our workforce, but to drive our renewed commitment to the Terre Haute community. Their focus on data has allowed us to improve our processes, provide consistent feedback, and understand where we need to focus our time as a leadership team.Nick D, Plant Manager
For more information about our on-site workforce management program, please contact us.